Thursday, March 25, 2010

Zeppelin Poster Analysis


Big Design Grabs Big Attention - I used a large font with a bright colour with a glow around it to grab attention
Less is More - I feel like I stuck to my message with the pictures,combining the piano representing the orchestra, and using the shape of an electric guitar to represent Zeppelin. These pictures together represent both coming together as one. I left some extra space so the poster didn't look overwhelming.
Contrast Your Colours - The colours I chose definitely stick out from the background and are easy to read. The two colours I chose are turquoise and a yollowy green colour. These colours go well with eachother, but also are different enough to have a nice contrast.
Be Delightfully Different - I think I leave a lasting impression because I think I really showed the message by combining the two opposite genres using the glow of the guitar and the piano. Also the colours and title stand out and are not usually used together.
Drive a Response - The idea that there is going to be a show is clear and the date, time, and location are very clear as well.
Structure - The focal point is Michael white because he is the darkest and biggest image and that really stands out. The next thing you look at is the title and then the piano leading your eye up to the guitar.When you see the image and the title hopefully it grabs attention and leads them to read the text to understand what the poster is about.
Background, Figure and Blanks - The positioning of the images is important to leave some blank space which I did above and around Michael White's head.
Print supports - On the computer I used a template of a crumpled piece of old paper and when printed it was on paper.
Use of typography - Because of the 60s psychedelic look we needed to show in the poster, I chose a font that looked well when I stretched it and made it wavy that made a groovy look.
Language - I think this poster definitely portray's the 60's psychedelic look and is visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment